This is a list of stable GCam versions for the Motorola Moto G40 Fusion and Moto G60. Many of the original Google Camera features work, among them:
- Better indoors and low light performance and detail.
- Astrophotography, for photos of the night sky.
- Google’s HDR+ processing for better dynamic range (especially if HDR+ Enhanced is used).
- Portrait mode, for selfies with blurred backgrounds.
- Timelapse and normal video at higher frame rates.
While both the G60 and G40 aren’t flagships or popular modding phones, GCam works without the need to unlock or root your phone. You just have to download the apk file, (often optional) load a config file, and use the app.
- Many versions are available for this phone. If unsure which one to use, download the first one.
- If you’ve never installed an apk file, check this video guide. It’s very easy to do: just download the apk file, open/install it, and use.
- If you’re experiencing green or pink tints on your pictures, enable AWB (Auto White Balance) in the viewfinder.
For video recording, especially stabilisation, the stock camera might be better. Slow motion often doesn’t work or is lower FPS than the original app.
Leave a Reply