Did You check your WordPress website SEO yet? Did you research on your WordPress website low traffic reason and their SEO?
If you can’t answer this question, now’s the time to take a step back and think about your situation. Conversely, even if you’ve taken some action, there’s still a good chance that there are still improvements that you can make. Because SEO is the most important part of any website and if missed that part or didn’t cover it well, this can become the reason for your website’s failure.
WordPress is well known for being SEO friendly “out of the box.” Even so, with thousands of WordPress SEO plugins to choose from, a few additions to your blog may be all that you need, in order to reach the next level. From WordPress SEO by Yoast SEO to XML sitemap, know that there’s a WordPress SEO plugin that can help get you there.
Below, I’m going to discuss Top 11 WordPress Plugin to Make Your WordPress SEO Most Powerful Ever These plugins won’t guarantee high search engine rankings, but they’ll definitely improve your chances of SEO success, and trust me this plugin is sufficient enough for making you website post visible on the search engine.
Are you ready to get started? Let’s Start the Vlog now
1. Yoast SEO
WordPress Yoast SEO Plugin is my all-time favorite Plugin,
WordPress SEO by Yoast is the most popular SEO plugin on WordPress for a reason. This can be seen in the approximately 25000 reviews, with an overall rating of 4 out of 5 stars.
If you want to improve your WordPress SEO, both by creating better content and by optimizing your site, this plugin may be the best place to start.
There are many features to focus on, with some of my favorites including:
- Page analysis tool.
- Technical WordPress Search Engine Optimization
- XML Sitemaps functionality
When it comes to page analysis, you need to know exactly what you’re doing. SEO by Yoast makes sure that you’re always on the right track.
For example, Yoast SEO can quickly scan any page for images, ensuring that each one has an alt tag that matches the primary keyword for the post. Along with this, it checks your content for length and confirms whether or not your meta description is up to par. And, that’s just the start.
When you look at this, it’s easy to see what you’ve done right and if you’ve done anything wrong. In the event that a green checkmark is absent from a particular line, you can address the issue before publishing – for example, heading back to your meta description to make a tweak or two.
If you need guidance with each aspect of your site’s SEO, the WordPress SEO by Yoast plugin has your back. Thanks to its simple, yet detailed approach, it’ll never let you down.
OAST SEO: THE #1 WORDPRESS SEO PLUGIN
Since 2008 Yoast SEO has helped millions of websites worldwide to rank higher in search engines.
Yoast’s mission is SEO for Everyone. Our plugin’s users range from the bakery around the corner to some of the most popular sites on the planet.
Yoast SEO Free contains everything that you need to manage your SEO, and the Yoast SEO Premium plugin and its extensions unlock even more tools and functionality.
GET AHEAD OF THE COMPETITION
To rank highly in search engines, you need to beat the competition. You need a better, faster, stronger website than the people who sell or do the same kinds of things as you.
Yoast SEO is the most-used WordPress SEO plugin, and has helped millions of people like you to get ahead, and to stay ahead.
TAKING CARE OF YOUR WORDPRESS SEO
Yoast SEO is packed full of features, designed to help visitors and search engines to get the most out of your website. Some of our favourites are:
- Automated technical SEO improvements, like canonical URLs and meta tags.
- Advanced XML sitemaps; making it easy for Google to understand your site structure.
- Title and meta description templating, for better branding and consistent snippets in the search results.
- An in-depth Schema.org integration that will increase your chance of getting rich results, by helping search engines to understand your content.
- Full control over site breadcrumbs, so that users and search engines always know where they are.
- Faster loading times for your whole website, due to an innovative way of managing data in WordPress.
- [Premium] E-mail support for our Yoast SEO Premium users.
- [Premium] The possibility to expand Yoast SEO with the News SEO, Video SEO, Local SEO and WooCommerce SEO extensions.
WRITE KILLER CONTENT WITH YOAST SEO
We know content is king, that’s why Yoast SEO is famous for its state-of-the-art content and SEO analysis. Yoast SEO gives you:
- SEO analysis: an invaluable tool while writing SEO-friendly content with the right (focus) keyphrases in mind.
- Readability analysis: ensures that humans and search engines can read and understand your content.
- Full language support for: English, German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Indonesian, Polish, Portuguese, Arabic, Swedish and Hebrew.
- A Google preview, which shows what your listings will look like in the search results. Even on mobile devices!
- Innovative Schema blocks for the WordPress block editor, so that your FAQ and HowTo content can be shown directly in the search results.
- [Premium] Internal linking blocks to easily improve the structure of your content. Easily add a table of contents block, a related links block, a subpages block, or siblings block! Plus, we’ll keep adding these easy-to-add blocks to improve your site structure.
- [Premium] Social previews to show you how your content will be shown on Twitter and Facebook.
- [Premium] The Insights tool that shows you what your text focuses on. This way you can keep your article in line with your keyphrases.
- [Premium] Optimize your content for synonyms and related keyphrases.
- [Premium] Optimize your article for different word forms of your keyphrases, as the singular and plural. But also different verb forms, synonyms, and related keyphrases. This makes for more natural content!
- [Premium] Automatic internal linking suggestions: write your article and get automatic suggested posts to link to!
- [Premium] An orphaned content filter to detect posts that have no links pointing towards them!
KEEP YOUR SITE IN PERFECT SHAPE
Whether you are an online entrepreneur, blogger or content creator, a developer, a (WordPress) SEO expert or a business owner, Yoast SEO helps you keep your website in perfect shape by:
- Tuning the engine of your website, so you can work on creating great content!
- Giving you cornerstone content and internal linking features to help you optimize your site structure in a breeze.
- Translating your content to structured data where possible, to help search engines understand your website.
- Helping you manage your team: with our SEO roles you can give colleagues access to specific sections of the Yoast SEO plugin.
- [Premium] Automatically creating redirects when URLs change or when pages are deleted, and providing tools to manage or create redirects.
- [Premium] Showing you social previews to manage the way your page is shared on social networks like Facebook and Twitter.
TRUST THE EXPERTS
Yoast is powered by a team of expert developers, testers, software architects, and SEO consultants. They work constantly to stay at the cutting edge of WordPress SEO, and to improve the plugin with every release.
Yoast SEO is the only WordPress SEO plugin made by world-renowned SEO experts.
GET PREMIUM SUPPORT
The Yoast team offers regular support on the WordPress.org forums. But we hope you understand that we prioritize our Premium customers. This one-on-one email support is available to people who have purchased Yoast SEO Premium.
Did you know that Yoast SEO Premium contains a lot of extra features:
- A redirect manager that prevents “404: page not found” errors
- Optimize without worrying about over-optimization with intelligent word form recognition available in multiple languages.
- Internal linking blocks to structure your site easily.
- Internal linking suggestions while you’re writing.
- Preview your content to see what it will look like in the search results and when shared on social media using the Google preview and social preview.
- Cornerstone content checks that point search engines to your most important pages.
- Connect Yoast SEO to Zapier to easily create zaps that instantly share your published posts with 2000+ destinations like Twitter, Facebook, and much more.
If you are serious about your WordPress SEO, install the Yoast SEO Premium plugin! Costs a little, saves a lot of time!
OUR EXTENSIONS TO FURTHER IMPROVE YOUR WORDPRESS SEO
Check out these SEO add-ons by Yoast:
- Yoast Local SEO optimizes your website for a local audience.
- Yoast Video SEO ensures that Google understands what your video is about, increasing the chances of ranking in the video results.
- Yoast News SEO for news websites that want to improve their visibility and performance in Google News.
- WooCommerce SEO for all online shops that want to perform better in the search results and social media.
These extensions work fine with the free version of Yoast SEO. Of course, the premium extensions also include 24/7 support.
Oh, don’t forget: our Yoast Academy is for all entrepreneurs, bloggers, and anyone who wants to learn more about optimizing websites, improving your WordPress SEO, and if you want to take your content to the next level!
Yoast SEO integrates seamlessly into a range of themes and plugins. We work particularly well with:
- The WordPress block editor (or ‘Gutenberg’ editor).
- The official AMP plugin, which changes your templates to use the ‘AMP’ HTML format.
- Google’s Web Stories plugin, which helps you to create ‘web stories’.
- The Advanced Custom Fields plugin, when you also activate the ACF Content Analysis for Yoast SEO plugin.
2. All in One SEO Pack
If you don’t want to use Yoast SEO, which is the one I prefer, you can always give the All in One SEO Pack a try.
The name pretty much explains it all.
Since its release in 2007, this WordPress plugin has been providing webmasters with an easy to use solution to many SEO related challenges.
The biggest benefit is the fact that you don’t need any experience to get started. If you can read and you can input the right data in the right fields, then you can use this plugin.
For some inputs, you may not need to touch anything (unless you want to, of course).
With the above, you can stick with the defaults, which is often best, from an SEO perspective. Or, you can alter the format to better suit your needs.
Top features of All in One SEO Pack include:
- XML Sitemap and Google Analytics support.
- Automatic optimization of titles for all search engines.
- Automatic generation of META tags.
- Helps you avoid duplicate content, which can have a negative impact on search engine rankings.
- Ability to override any setting.
Overall, All in One SEO Pack gives you as much or as little control as you want. As you gain experience, you can take on more responsibility, through the advanced features of this plugin.
THE ORIGINAL WORDPRESS SEO PLUGIN, DOWNLOADED OVER 65,000,000 TIMES SINCE 2007.
Use All in One SEO Pack to optimize your WordPress site for SEO. It’s easy and works out of the box for beginners, and has advanced features and an API for developers.
First created in 2007, see why AIOSEO is one of the all time most downloaded plugins for WordPress.
- XML Sitemap support – submit your sitemap to Google and Bing and improve your SEO
- Image XML Sitemap submitted to Google and Bing to improve your Image SEO
- RSS Sitemap
- Google AMP support (Accelerated Mobile Pages)
- Google Analytics support
- Schema.org Markup
- Support for SEO on Custom Post Types
- Advanced Canonical URLs
- Redirect attachment pages to parent post
- Automatically notifies search engines like Google and Bing about changes to your site
- Built-in API so other plugins/themes can access and extend functionality
- ONLY free plugin to provide SEO Integration for e-Commerce sites, including WooCommerce
- Nonce Security built into All in One SEO Pack
- Automatically optimizes your titles for Google and other search engines
- Generates META tags automatically
- Avoids the typical duplicate content found on WordPress blogs
- For beginners, you don’t even have to look at the options, it works out-of-the-box. Just install.
- For advanced users, you can fine-tune everything to optimize your SEO
- You can override any title and set any META description and any META keywords you want.
- Compatibility with many other plugins
- Translated into 57 languages
- PHP 7 100% Compatible
3. Google XML Sitemaps
What are you doing to ensure that your site’s content gets indexed?
If you don’t have an answer to this question, you’re missing the boat. Sure, the search engines may find your content without being pointed in the right direction, but you don’t have to sit back and hope for the best.
With the Google XML Sitemaps plugin, a sitemap will be generated automatically. Subsequently, its easier for search engines to index your blog.
Best yet, once you create a sitemap and are comfortable with the settings, you never have to do anything else. Instead, the plugin does everything for you, updating your sitemap after each new piece of content that you publish.
There are many “Basic Options” to address, so make sure that you focus on the importance of each one. If all else fails or if you don’t know what you’re doing, stick with the plugin’s default settings.
Once you create a sitemap, it’ll look something like this:
Pro tip: submit the sitemap URL to Google via Google Search Console.
The Google XML Sitemaps plugin does everything right, all in an easy to understand and efficient manner. You couldn’t ask for anything more from a sitemap creation tool.
4. Broken Link Checker
As you create more and more content, you’ll find one thing to be true: it can be difficult to keep up with the management of your blog.
This is where tools, such as the Broken Link Checker plugin can help.
The name says it all, with this plugin checking your content for broken links and missing images. If you’re lucky, you’ll never be alerted that there is something wrong with your site. Of course, don’t expect this to happen.
It’s good to know that the plugin can keep a watchful eye on your website, notifying you of any broken links. This allows you to focus on what you do best, such as creating content, while never having to worry that broken links are working against you.
Some of the top features include:
- Ability to monitor links in posts, pages, comments and even custom fields.
- Detects any link that doesn’t work.
- The option to give broken links a different appearance in posts.
- The option to prevent search engines from following broken links.
Being that this is a guide on how to use SEO plugins, the final point is the most important. You don’t want your site littered with broken links, as it can have a negative impact on your rankings and user experience.
With the option to prevent search engines from following these links, you never have to worry about the consequences that could happen before you’re able to remove or alter the link.
The Broken Link Checker plugin is both simple to use and powerful. With more than 400,000 active installs and a high rating, it’s worth checking out.
5. Google Analytics by MonsterInsights
Do you use Google Analytics to track website visitors, top keywords and other, similar data?
If so, you should check out the Google Analytics by MonsterInsights plugin. Not only does it have approximately 11 million downloads, but its feature list is well worth checking out:
Use of Google Analytics API for simple installation
- Ability to use the asynchronous or universal tracking code.
- Access to a beautiful data metric dashboard within WordPress.
- Outbound and internal link tracking.
- Access to both demographics and interest reports.
The primary benefit of Google Analytics by MonsterInsights is the ability to review your Analytics data from your WordPress dashboard. You don’t have to jump back and forth between your website and Google Analytics. Instead, everything is exactly where you want it to be.
The general settings panel is where you’ll start.
Once you make all the right choices here, it’ll only be a matter of time before you’re collecting data that you’re able to access from your WordPress dashboard.
Here’s an example of a dashboard displaying the number of sessions on a website:
You aren’t required to use this type of Google Analytics plugin. You could always visit Google Analytics direct, when you want to review data for your website. However, this can be time consuming.
If you want to review your website stats in a more efficient manner, this plugin could be your key to success.
6. W3 Total Cache
When was the last time that you thought about the speed of your WordPress website? Do you understand that this can impact your search engine rankings?
Many people overlook just how important it is to provide a lightning quick experience. Google has made it clear that site speed is a ranking factor, so this isn’t something you want to overlook.
If you’re having trouble in this department, it’s time to consider the benefits of the W3 Total Cache plugin.
With this, you can improve site speed, as well as the overall user experience. With a long list of users, including big names, such as AT&T and Mashable, you know that you’re in good company if you install this plugin.
There are many benefits to using the plugin, but here is my favorite, as shared on the official download page:
“At least 10x improvement in overall site performance (Grade A in YSlow or significant Google Page Speed improvements) when fully configured.”
That’s saying something. With such a bold claim, it only makes sense to review this plugin and see if it can do something special for your website.
7. All In One WP Security & Firewall
What impact would a security breach have on the way that people use your website?
Despite the fact that WordPress is extremely secure, this doesn’t mean that you can forget about all of the risks that are out there.
To protect your website, to the best of your ability, use All In One WP Security & Firewall.
There is nothing wrong with extra security, beyond what WordPress already provides, as this will help keep your site running efficiently.
For example, there are many user account security features:
- Password strength tool.
- Stop user enumeration.
- Ability to detect any accounts with an identical display name and log in. This is a poor decision, from a security perspective, as it gives hackers half of what they need to access your dashboard.
But, how will I know if my website is secure, you might ask?
This is another area where the plugin can help, as it provides a security points score, based on the current set up.
(via Tips and Tricks HQ)
The last thing that you want people to see in the search results is this:
Not only will this chase people away from visiting your website, but it can kill your reputation. With all this working against your site, rankings can suffer as a result.
Using the All In One WP Security & Firewall plugin will give you greater peace of mind about the security of your WordPress site.
8. WPtouch Mobile Plugin
Is your WordPress website mobile friendly?
This may not have been a big deal in the past. But, in today’s day and age, it’s a must. There are a couple of reasons for this:
- More people than ever are browsing the internet via a mobile device, such as a smartphone or tablet.
- The lack of a mobile friendly website will have a negative impact on your search engine rankings.
There is a lot to know about Google’s mobile friendly update, including the fact that your website should be mobile friendly.
If you don’t have the time, money and resources to pay a developer or to upgrade your site on your own, then you can turn to the WPtouch Mobile Plugin.
This plugin “automatically adds a simple and elegant mobile theme for mobile visitors to your WordPress website.”
Easy enough, right?
Once the plugin is installed, you can use the administration panel to customize the mobile appearance of your blog. Best yet, you don’t have to alter the code to make key changes.
This plugin has nothing to do with the desktop theme, as this will still be displayed to those who are non-mobile visitors. It simply ensures that any mobile visitor to your website can review your content in a seamless manner.
Today, your WordPress website needs to be mobile friendly. If you want to make this happen without delay, use the WPtouch Mobile Plugin.
9. Yet Another Related Posts Plugin (YARPP)
Are you familiar with the fact that a low bounce rate is a positive SEO signal? How about the fact that you want to keep people on your site for as long as possible?
Both of these things show search engines that your site has a lot to offer, while also providing a strong user experience.
One of the best ways to improve in both areas is to install the Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.
Once installed and set up, the plugin displays posts and pages (or other content) related to the current content. The idea behind this is simple: you’re giving readers relevant content, which means that they will stick around longer.
Some of the things that I like about the plugin include:
- Option to choose between thumbnail and list view.
- Use of an advanced algorithm to ensure that the best posts are displayed.
- Templating features, so you can control exactly how results are displayed.
In today’s world of SEO, you need to lower your bounce rate and increase the amount of time that users spend on your site. A plugin like this can help you do just that.
10. Seo Optimized Images
It’s easy to get so caught up in optimizing your content that you overlook the importance of images.
But, there’s more to using images than simply inserting them into your content. You must also make sure that each one is optimized, as this will improve your rankings, while also helping drive traffic through Google Images search.
With the guidance of the SEO Optimized Images plugin, you can “dynamically insert Seo Friendly alt and title attributes” into every image.
When using WordPress, it’s extremely easy to add images to posts and pages. But, that doesn’t guarantee that you’ll optimize each one for optimal performance.
If you want to avoid any image-related SEO mistakes in the future, be sure to use this plugin. It’ll help your SEO, while also saving you time.
Leave a Reply